144hz monitor and 970 GPU. Do I need to adjust settings?

When you're in Windows you don't need to set it to 144. Only need to set refresh to 144 in game

You need to set the refresh rate in windows

Right click background > Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Monitor > screen refresh rate > 144hz

You do not need to set the refresh in Windows to 144 in order to take advantage of it in game. Two separate options there. Setting it in Windows only makes running Windows in 144Hz and for most people 60 is perfectly fine. If you have multi-monitor setups that aren't all high refresh then keeping them all at 60 is opportune because one monitor won't be faster than the rest with mouse.

Why not utilize the hardware you paid for at all times of using it?

Personal preference, if I have two screens I prefer them to match identically, so I purchase two of the exact same model.

I don't like when the screen sizes, resolution, colour balance etc don't match, so it makes sense that on the desktop somebody would want the frequency to match.

Why not utilize the hardware you paid for at all times of using it?
For the reasons I already outlined?
Multi monitor setups.suffer from one being significantly higher than the other and some people "feel nauseous". Not like it really makes that much of a difference in Windows so there isn't much point in 144 besides in game anyways.

Back
Top Bottom