one long beep then turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be sure of the proper beep codes, go to the manufacturer website, download the manual, and read the section on beep codes.

ShoobieRat you just turned a light on in my head, thanks. the av8 3rd eye has a LCD display on the motherboard itself, Trifid look at your motherboard and tell us the code it gives at bootup.

I was looking at that a bit, but i can't remember what the number was. I will say what it is as well in the book.

I will look at it when i put the pc back together.

Arggh!!, i didnt know he got ABit (reminds me of some A** H***, thats y my personel hatred with ABIt, so nno more replies from my side,

as ABit fans are on the forum as well:), surely there will be many)

I haven't even got into the bios, so I haven't overclocked yet, I was going to save that for a rainy day, i just want the pc up and running first :(

Trifid said:
I haven't even got into the bios, so I haven't overclocked yet, I was going to save that for a rainy day, i just want the pc up and running first :(

make sure also, to check if you're memory sticks are in the right banks.

some mobo's require you to place memory sticks in certain orders to function properly.

what does the mobo manual say is the correct allignment for the memory sticks?

and when you push them in, are they fully in place?

same with the video card, do the hooks snap back into place nicely?

the motherboard manual says for dual channel memory put them in dimm1 and dimm2, which was what i had them in, but the clips on either side of the ram slot are not clipping the ram into place.

EDIT: I booted up the pc with no ram in it, and it makes the same beeeep bbb noise. Does this mean one of my memory modules is corrupt, or both?

The 2 digit display on the motherboard had this on it (with no ram)

9C (beeep bbb)
9F

p.s. is there a trick to getting the ram into the slot, as in the manual it says that it clicks into place, but it is not. (a friend put the ram in for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom