what do you guys think

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomshardware guide have tested this board recently, and (I and ABit engineeres have designed the board - B*** S***), this board even over clocked at 280Mhz FSB (1120 @ quad-pumped rate), still is equal or in some cases a slightly more than Asus P5GD2 rated at 260Mhz FSB (1040MHz @ Quad-Pumped).

and at this O/C level, you are actually limiting the life of your CPU whislt you are getting almost same performance at non O/C from Asus.

That board is a great board. Abit is the best board mfr. for Intel and AMD. The Fatal1ty is a gread overclockers board and my friend has one. He has push his Pentium 4 550 all the way to 4.4 GHz on air so it is really nice. However, if you still want a cheap ocer board, I suggest the Abit AA8-Duramax. I have a P4 520 with that board and I oced my proc. to 3.73 GHz stable. It doesn't have all the fancy cooling so I turned down to stock and am waiting for 3d rocket cooler pro. Fatal1ty is purely for ocing and so is the Duramax however, the Duramax just doesn't have the cooling like the Fatal1ty. You need to provide your own cooling on the Duramax. The OTES cooling on the Fatal1ty is very nice and it really helps for ocing.

Still, lets make a gaming mother board with a 775 intel chip! Lets make the board so you cant put a huge ass hsf to cool your oced cpu. Its not even close to being worth the $250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom