P4 775 Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, there is a well recommended fan for dry air cooling, which even has beaten the liquid cooling.

and thats Zalman CU-7000 (92mm fan)

or their newest one is CU7700 (120MM)

there is another version in same model numbers: that are AL-CU 7000/7700 series as this is a mix of copper and aluminium

i'll recommend buying AL-CU 7700 (120MM) fan. as pure copper fan is vey heavy, as the 7000CU = 780 Grams while CU7700 = 980

while AL-CU 7700 is around 4-500 i think (check their web site)
www.zalman.co.kr (i believe this is)

also, as if u r buying this, check ur mobo can ajdust the fan, cause fans are huge. at top.

+ points: quiet. infact very quiet, and the 120MM fan version not only cools your CPU, bt as well the VGA, Memories around the CPU.

EDIT: i've just been through thier website, and models numbers are:

CNPS7000A (that were first one with 2mm fans)

CNPS7000B ( came after 7000A series, they reduced the weight to 18 grams, and a ittle more efficent)

CNPS7700 - this is 120MM vesion.

now choice is yours, CU = Heavy, expensive, but at the same time vey efficent cooling

AL-CU = lighter, a little less cooling efficency, and cheaper than CU version.

keep in mind, that fan quality on both are same, no vibration/noice in silent mode. and also cools down surrounding components. its just the base material that defines the price, cooling and weight.

thanks blind_arrow. i also have a 3ghz running at around 45 cel, and wanted a better heatsink and fan.

anyother recommendations??

xotix, I recommend every body that above fans (Zalman). they performed so well, that they even beaten water coolings. (but the CU version was tested only). only down side is that pure CU is ultra heavy.

as Intel's own boxed coolers are coming with a 5-8% portion of copper embedded, therefore it's wise to buy a AL-CU series of zalman fans, at lesat their CU part extends to the top and covers 20%. also their fans are bigger and quieter.

specially if u get the 7700 version of AL-CU its mare 600grams. whilst CPU manufacturers recommends 500grams just because it will be easy to carry the system. else Intel's own fan is 450~~ grams.

and 7700-CU series is nearly a kilo, still being used without hassle. so AL-CU will be best choice in that case as though you wont get 100% as good cooling as copper does, but still a big fan will do vey good job cooling neighboring components aswell.

as according to CPU fan designers, the fan should be designed inn such a way that it throws air out of heatsinks directly to the transistors around the CPU.

here i manage to find a review of the 7700 AL-CU (the one i recomended)

http://reviews.pimprig.com/cooling/zalman_cnps7700-alcu_heatsink.php

as well, have seen thermal right X-120's performance perfect also, but as its made for the chip. so you cant benefit from it as if u want to dispose the system, it will go with it. whilst Zalman's on Universal socket- you can adjust to any socket CPU currently in market.

Dude, 40-50 C isn't hot for a Pentium 4 530. My Pentium 4 520 @ 3.73 GHz runs around 73C, no higher, with the stock HSF. However, I'm a bit paranoid about running it that high so I brought it down to stock until my 3d Rocket Cooler Pro comes in. Don't worry, that is cool for a Prescott.

my 3.0Ghz idles low 40's, and can go to the low 60's under load. i have a decent hsf and many case fans. the chip will start shutting down in the mid 70's and totally shut down after the mid 90's.

why? do u have to force the chip to shut down?

@ 70 ur Thermal throttling wil start taking progress. and long time on continuous throttling, dig a grave for your CPU in ur backyard. i'll send in the flowers for Free.

1-800-Flowers

i hardly ever move my computer, so the weight of the zalman isn't really a big issue.

you guys are crazy still [no offence] i don't even like when my cpu reaches 55degrees, much less higher. when i found out that my mobo could control the fan speed, i set it for max all the time. it runs at 3800rpm and keeps the cpu at around 43, 44. not sure under load as yet, but plan to find out. the hottest ever recorded was 51, and i didn't like that at all.

your fan is only at 3800 rpm's?! I run mine at 7000 and my temp is still 45-50. weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom