max drive speed

hesson81

Baseband Member
I bought a cheapo the other day. It's just for general Web surfing and mostly to get my kids acclimated to the computer world.

I want to upgrade the drive to a solid state drive though. This computer comes with a SATA drive, but is that the fastest I can buy for this motherboard? ? I can't find it any where. .

Also, this is a smaller desk top, does any one know if maybe they put a laptop drive in it? ?? So is it 2.5 or 3.5??? Thank you much. .

Acer Aspire AXC-603G-UW13 XC Compact Desktop PC w/ Intel Celeron J1900 Quad-Core Processor, 2GHz, 4 GB Memory, 500 GB Hard Drive, Windows 8.1 (Keyboard and Mouse Included) - Newegg.com

Motherboard: AXC-603G-UW13

If it has SATA then it can take an SSD. As to the size, I'd be willing to bet the drive hiding under the optical drive is 3.5", but if it isn't you can put a 2.5" drive anywhere anyways.

It's Sata, so if it will only support up to a sata 2 I can still put a sata3 in it...right? ?

It appears at least on new egg that 3.5 ssds are almost obsolete, so maybe 2.5 is the way to go regardless of desk top/laptop. ..

It's Sata, so if it will only support up to a sata 2 I can still put a sata3 in it...right? ?

It appears at least on new egg that 3.5 ssds are almost obsolete, so maybe 2.5 is the way to go regardless of desk top/laptop. ..

Yes you can still put a SATAIII in a SATAII slot.

Pretty much all SSD's are standard 2.5"; some SSD's come with a 2.5"->3.5" bracket in the box, others you'll just have to order one with it separately.

Back
Top Bottom