[Project Log] TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

Sweet looking case so far; too bad the RAM modules didn't come out more glossy/chrome-like.

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a quick look at some of the components going in the build. The CPU, fans and PSU.

Custom decals for the PSU and fans incoming!

8oTiHwS.jpg

Za5sgqk.jpg

6M2ZiYd.jpg

sgoYJCl.jpg

FGGUxLg.jpg

Here you can see the difference between the 15mm slim Gelid fans and 25mm normal ones.

adiZk1z.jpg

y0zS17T.jpg

8tyoDV1.jpg

6OhKQEh.jpg

VH0zIb7.jpg

nOEz3yF.jpg

JI4zybc.jpg

GTeoY2O.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a quick look at all the waterblocks!

Gave them all a quick polish, no sanding was done, just applied the solution and used the Dremel with the polishing cloth attachment to polish around everywhere.

Quick, easy and they came out pretty good!

YSAtWY0.jpg

dgRyO8E.jpg

The frame of the CPU block was also done in the same powder coat chrome as the RAM modules however this also won't stay. I'm getting along with new RAM modules the nickel plated frame that EK offer. Should look pretty good with that on.

sj06lWo.jpg

Yth7MuK.jpg

TDtezi4.jpg

moQX6Jb.jpg

4Qet8Zq.jpg

Also giving this poor SSD a make over, was pulled from my Fractal Desing ARC Mini R2 build before becoming the Green Molecule. Not exactly sure what happened to the label on it.

Fbw6334.jpg

Everything looks good on the inside and still works well.

6wYjTAK.jpg

That's it for now. I'm working on this build everyday after work pretty much now so updates should be rolling in regularly.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Time for another update! Slowly getting everything in the case to figure out the loop layout and if I need any more fittings :)

Painted the thumbscrews for the EK Supremacy black, think it goes better with the motherboard like this.

cCg4AXM.jpg

The little Pentium is in :D

WpGzpS2.jpg

I might change the CPU block layout, depending on the way I want to go with the loop.

3RWwVZu.jpg

uRPhPK4.jpg

w8MWV6t.jpg

7spMNwE.jpg

dVQlpJe.jpg

j7DaaKN.jpg

Also here it the GPU, this was in the Green Molecule build in SLI before the tear down.

nd8mYDO.jpg

Ic0YPgt.jpg

V1LD716.jpg

Will cut some vinyl to cover those pink and purple capacitors.

Wgd63Wf.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Things are getting a little bit tight in the case!

I figured out the loop for the build, I might need some more fittings to make it work and keep it nice and clean. Need to get the cables in first and see, they're currently on the way from Icemodz :D

NW6Pnat.jpg

T0DdaHB.jpg

ZzdiORg.jpg

C9yyoJD.jpg

wkJY46l.jpg

MYL48eU.jpg

miT8v9B.jpg

kE8Szuk.jpg

I really like the way this build is taking shape, let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

Alex

Looking pretty slick as it's coming together. Can't way to see more of the "chrome" components.

Wondering...would it look better if you "chromed" the (currently) black ends of the reservoirs?

I dig this so far :cool:

Thanks mate :D

Looking pretty slick as it's coming together. Can't way to see more of the "chrome" components.

Wondering...would it look better if you "chromed" the (currently) black ends of the reservoirs?

Thanks, I will be able to show the rest of the case in the next following days with side panels and then also the front panel and rear case feel will be painted to match the rest of the blue on the case.

Not gonna be painting anything else inside the case, will use vinyl to add chrome effects and also thinking of doing chromed copper pipes :)

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's the package that came from Bill over at MNPCTECH. Thanks a lot for the support, I really appreciate it and I hope you guys like the build once it's finished. I'm sure the modding supplies will come in handy for a lot of future builds to come.

For a lot more awesome stuff check out MNPCTECH on Facebook , YouTube and their mod store mnpctech.com

And while you're on Facebook check out my page too, Simple Modz.

1wwdYqO.jpg

3M Red Scotchbrite Scuff Pads

0mQnsSl.jpg

Mnpctech PC Case Mod Ruler & Reference Tool

O1UAMEX.jpg

c3kyxIw.jpg

This was an extra item included, I will surely put it to good use, cheers Bill!

VQrsFTm.jpg

nMhna3J.jpg

PC Case Panel Modding Nibbler Tool

22owogB.jpg

rdreUoJ.jpg

fuaUa2b.jpg

Reinforced Dremel cutting wheels

WzTfvaf.jpg

Vandal PC Push Button Switch Blue anodized

PtTGWYk.jpg

iO6ymah.jpg

Nickel Plated Vandal PC Push Button Switch

OVSVJvQ.jpg

And finally, the awesome Mod Zoo case badge. I have a special spot for this on the back of the case!

BC0llXo.jpg

The quality of everything received is just excellent and I can truly see the effort put into all these items, thanks a lot for the support guys!

Cheers,

Alex

Back
Top Bottom