Need a Socket 478 Case/Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG2003

Beta member
I have a socket 478 motherboard (P4S5A) and I'm looking for a case and a power supply to put it in. I don't know what it is compatable with. I don't want a fancy case, just a simple one to hold the motherboard. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Jeremy

PS, M.board specs are Here

Blind_Arrow said:
now a days every PSU comes with the 12v CPU power supply as well, so u dont have to worry,

see eBay for your choice.

^^ yes, exactly right.

i just transfered my 478 socket mobo out to an Enermax case and 350PSU and it went in without a hitch.

however, my only complaint is that the new case split the front iso's apart so it is not easy to connect the USB and mic etc to the mobo, cause i don't have any manuals for it.

but any case now should be fine...just make sure you see a 20pin connector on it. you'll be fine.

My only concern was the board fitting into the case. Is there any specific specifications I'm looking for on the case?

i'll take a wild guess and say your mobo is an ATX Micro board.

you can purchase ANY case that specifies:

ATX
micro ATX

your board, i think would be 9" x 9"

so any case that has at least those specs.

Blind_Arrow said:
buy ATX casing, it will support both uATX and ATX boards (unless u r gonna plan a serve motherboard)

^^ditto,

yeah get a regular ATX case, so you have some "room to grow" in the future.

micro's a little too small, condensed tend to get hotter than normal ATX cases.

JTG2003 said:
I have a socket 478 motherboard (P4S5A) and I'm looking for a case and a power supply to put it in. I don't know what it is compatable with. I don't want a fancy case, just a simple one to hold the motherboard. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Jeremy

PS, M.board specs are Here

oops!! sorry, didn't check your mobo's specs..

hmm, you're right it doesn't say you have onboard graphics, weird, sorry.

but it does say it's an ATX board,

so definately get any ATX case, NOT micro ATX.

good thing in buying a ATX casae, and late uising uATX board is that, you'll be left with some extra space at bottom of the casing/motherboard. where you can store your shacks to get warmed up before wating. hehehe, kidding, dont try that though. or i wont be responsible of growling sounds from the stomach of ur motherboard because of food's smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom