New processor overheating

I don't see any fans exhausting heat out of your case. Do you have any on top? In front? If you're just pushing air in with no fans blowing out then you got a massive positive airflow problem which would be the majority of your issue. I'd also go in your bios and double check to make sure everything is on auto and that the processor is not being auto overclocked because MSI can be stupid like that.

PP is right, You should put one of those fans on the back of the case pulling air out of it because just pushing fresh air in doesn't remove much of the heat, you need one to pull air out.

Yes or you could just take one off the side and put it on the rear of the case blowing outward, my case has 3 blowing in and 2 blowing out so it keeps the air flowing through it so there is no exesive heat buildup inside the case.

Side fans are pretty terrible mostly. Can't really help with how to recommend a new fan config without details on your current case and how it's setup. I'd take one of those fans and put it on top exhausting air out.

Stock coolers can let those processors get quiet toasty...
The case looks to be rather cheap, solid top, only a 92 or 80mm rear exhaust fan if you install one?

Get you a good highflow fan on the rear of that case. What thermal paste are you using?
What does your BIOS report for temperatures at IDLE?

That aside, Positive pressure is a bad idea in most cases, it's only beneficial in open air like cases where it's mostly a mesh style side paneling and rear, because of the massive mesh area your "positive" pressure is still neutral, the air has somewhere to go. If it can't go anywhere in a regular case, it just turns into warm or hot air.

Positive = Only good in a Mesh style case
Neutral = Best bet for most cases.
Negative = Best bet in "sealed" cases, such as ones that do not have a vented side panel.

Also, finish securing that motherboard to the case! The screw holes are used as ground points, and for board rigidity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom