New processor overheating

marijnbartelds

Solid State Member
I just bought a new processor and motherboard. The processor being intel i7 4790k, and motherboard Z97 Gaming 5.

The problem is that my processor is reaching a 100 degrees when playing games such as H1Z1. With my old AMD 6100 there were no problems such as overheating. What can I do i tryed everything!!

Are you using the stock heatsink the came with the cpu?
Did you use the stock thermal paste that comes pre-installed on the heatsink? (check and removed the plastic cover on the thermal paste if there was one)
Did you over clock this cpu?

What program are you looking at to monitor CPU temps? If you're using SpeedFan...stop using it and use HWMonitor.

Check your temps with HWMonitor and see if they're the same.

If they're still being reported as that high, then you'll want to make sure you seated your heatsink correctly. Go buy some new thermal paste, take your heatsink off and clean the old paste off of the heatsink and CPU using isopropryl alcohol (90% is best) and something non-lint (I've found that coffee filters work best for this, and are super cheap for a lot of them).

Clean the old paste off, apply a rice-sized dot in the center of the CPU. Put the heatsink on, and let it spread out the thermal paste itself (don't spread it yourself). Make sure it's secured down correctly and then boot up.

What's the temperature in your room where your computer is?
Is there any airflow in your case at all?
Are you sure you put the heatsink on correctly?
How much thermal paste did you put on?
What temp program are you using?

What's the temperature in your room where your computer is?
Is there any airflow in your case at all?
Are you sure you put the heatsink on correctly?
How much thermal paste did you put on?
What temp program are you using?
The temperature in my room is 19 degrees celcius. The airflow is okay I even have 2 extra fans, i put the heatsink on according to the installation instructions.uploadfromtaptalk1433019509395.jpg

Back
Top Bottom