need more monitors

cliffhucker

In Runtime
Hi, I currently have 2 of these cards for 6 monitors but need more monitors. so i want to add a 3rd GPU card.

They are out of stock of that same card. Ideally I would like to use the same card right?

I do not game. i use monitors for stock/commodities markets.

should i find that same card elsewhere to avoid any issues? or get something else similar? and what would that be?

thanks

I would have gone for a 700 series card. Doesn't need to match, but 700 series and 900 series support 4 monitors per card.

thanks PP. hope all is well with you.

to late now. i only want to run 9 monitors so the 3 640's should be fine (8 on my desk and 1 for surveillance on another wall) i cannot imagine running any more than that. would the 700 and 900's use more power? I am still on my Seasonic X650 so I do not want to push it anymore.

these cards seem to work fine for what i use them for. I may build another system so i have a backup for trading and when i do that one will be bigger than this one you helped me with with better everything.

cheers

900 series suck the least juice of them all so far. Anything Maxwell really (that includes 750ti) will sip wattage. Try to remember, if you're not gaming you're not really loading the GPU. Your PSU could probably handle about 7 of those cards easy even on load.

Back
Top Bottom