1st Self Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunty

Beta member
Hi i was just wondering what was the specification of the 1st pc that u have built yourself and how old u were because im dead chuffed with mine and im only 15 :D My pc specification is below

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ mhz @ 2200mhz
ASUS a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard
1280 MB DDR 400
Gainward fx powerpack fx5900xt golden sample
120gb 7200rpm IDE hdd
Sony dvd-rw/cd-rw combo
Lian Li aluminium case with windowed side panel
Cold cathod strip
LED artic cooling 2L cpu fan
3 case fans (2 front. 1 at back)
LED fan card that sits in pci slot.

so what u think then guys is it good for a 1st build at my age and what where yr 1st builds and how old were u any replys would be gr8 thnx guys.

Thats pretty god damn good, I built a similar system a few weeks ago , it was my first build also!!!! thats better than mine, i have the same processor but half as much ram and only a fx5700!!! does urs run half-life 2 well??

I was 18, and my first build is my current PC. I was still a hardware noob when I did it, so if I did it, anybody can.

hey ardy the system u got sounds exactly like my bros and his runs half life 2 on full graphics setting but without aa/af and theres barely any lagg at all so that system u got will run it just aswel oh yeh and dont forget to install the latest drivers for it as they will improve it gr8ly get them off
www.nvidia.com get the 61.76 version is best as i found most compatibility and performance with my bros when i sorted his out.

yeah thanks grunty, i built the system but its had to go away to get checked and repaired, coz i had memory problems, i cant wait to get back in the next few days!!!!! gonna beast halo and black hawk down on it, then christmas comes and i own half life 2 and nfsu2!!!

I never build a PC. I took mine apart multiple times, though. I am sure I won't have any problems building a modern PC.

Ye u shuldnt have any probs building a modern one if u have taken that one apart and put bak together agen multiple times its allways good to get a feel for it b4 u actualy do it...thats why i practised on my bros old 1 b4 i made a new 1 for myself:D lol

My first self-built PC when I was 18 way back in '96

Pentium 150 MMX
With a 8 GB Maxtor Hardrive and a 2.5GB hardrive
64 MB of SDRAM
Win 95 later upgraded to Win98
4MB Video Card later upgraded to a Voodoo 2 3000 PCI card

Sold that system to a friend for 20 bucks this year....If I would have known, I would have donated it to TheMajor

I'm on my third one now
The 150MMX is still running well as a Linux Server

I still have that Maxtor 8GB hard drive from the first comp though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom