Graphics Performance List

LOL

The bad part is there is a web site out there that does exactly what this thread did back in the day. Google video card benchmarks

BUT I AM NOT PROMOTING THAT WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TEAM TECHIST!!!!! :p

Aren't those usually ranked by synthetic benchmarks though, where as we were more real-world (i.e. game) performance?

Example guys, CPU Processors - Newegg.com the first 2 processors, one being a i7 and one a i5 the i7 has .5 more of a boost for ghz but the i5 has a turbo boost. it blows my mind all the different processors...literally my mind feels on the brink of explosion

Even if they are synthetic, it still gives a pretty good list of performance in cards. As you know by looking at various website reviews each site is going to be slightly biased (as we are in general as people) towards certain products. I take the site with a grain of salt, but at the same time, it's a good reference to start my research if I wanted to look for a new GPU.

edit: I am referencing this site specifically. I know there are many more, but...

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Last edited:
Example guys, CPU Processors - Newegg.com the first 2 processors, one being a i7 and one a i5 the i7 has .5 more of a boost for ghz but the i5 has a turbo boost. it blows my mind all the different processors...literally my mind feels on the brink of explosion
See this for some info: http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/your-cpu-modern-games-guide-those-building-261626/

Even if they are synthetic, it still gives a pretty good list of performance in cards. As you know by looking at various website reviews each site is going to be slightly biased (as we are in general as people) towards certain products. I take the site with a grain of salt, but at the same time, it's a good reference to start my research if I wanted to look for a new GPU.

edit: I am referencing this site specifically. I know there are many more, but...

PassMark Software - Video Card (GPU) Benchmarks - High End Video Cards

Yeah I've used that site as well for a general ranking on cards.

Mr Pink I'm giving you serious props for actually searching for info, So much past info on the forum and this thread brought back a lot of memories of some of the people who used to frequent here. This became my first stop for info when thinking about any builds or upgrades.

Dauntae

Mr Pink I'm giving you serious props for actually searching for info, So much past info on the forum and this thread brought back a lot of memories of some of the people who used to frequent here. This became my first stop for info when thinking about any builds or upgrades.

Dauntae
Thanks Dauntee, i cant steal all the credit, Carnage being the awesome mod he is directed me here. I am a new tech....and i have so many questions, im thinking of just starting out with a i3 and just the basics that go with it...then upgrade when im familar with what maybe a i7q would be best with what cooling fan to the point of what graphics card would be suitable..i mean i am very lost to say the least..haha but all this information at my finger tips it shouldnt be long till im speaking the lingo

Speaking from my wallet... do the research now and choose parts that are the best for your capabilities now. (both monetary and performance) I spent many months paychecks buying parts to upgrade, just to buy something a short time later that did a huge performance impact on my system.

But then I started looking at something and paying attention to what people had in they're signatures. It comes down to the best bang for your buck system that makes a difference. IMHO.

If you want an i7 then save and get one... don't settle for something that your going to upgrade in a short time. that was fine a few years ago, but now CPU/GPU specs seem to be settling out and the mind set mow is what will take me the farthest with the best performance...

What do you guys think about [FONT=lucida grande, lucida sans unicode, geogrotesque, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]GeForce GTX 970 if my budget let's say is 600-700 that's Half
My budget right there...but I mean is it possible to still accomplish getting within my budget just spending half of it on a just a GPU. That's to say if I have a monitor/keyboard/mouse yet no OS. If it's not plausible how much more would be needed?
[/FONT]
[FONT=lucida grande, lucida sans unicode, geogrotesque, arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
PP Mac needs to work his magic here and build you a Kick A55 build on Newegg. He is infamous in building a system that will fit your needs.

Back
Top Bottom