Graphics Performance List

Video editing depending on the program is pretty much strictly CPU based. The rest depends on the rest of your system in which you should make a dedicated thread for it.

Can anyone explain a newbie tech, out of that list what would be better and why. I know you created a legend and have corresponding colors, yet even that still has me in aww

Wow this is a old thread, Not sure why it stopped but I'm sure it was a lot to keep updating. Pretty much was a good reference to see which cards out performed another, Back then there was a much closer battle between ATI/AMD vrs Nvidia so when someone had a budget and found a few cards in that budget they could see which one performed better. But now there are a lot more on the net to see which cards are better for a particular price point. Right now Nvidia is ahead especially on the lower power consumption vrs power of the GPU. Don't take that wrong about AMD because they too have some good cards but they take turns leading the other and IMHO Nvidia is in the lead and there drivers are just as good in the lead.

GTX970 in my rig, well one at the moment but if I come across a second at a good price I might SLI

970 as well. Not going to go Sli though... I don't game near as much as I used to spend the money. 970 graphics are phenomenal to me in single GPU config... :p

But someone who is bored one day should update this thread. LOL

Wow. This thread was updated right around when i finished my first rig. i totally forgot about this thread. Shame it's not being constantly updated anymore

Noob question here, but whats the damage on a high end graphics card now a days?

Damage? as in price? that will depend on what you want to spend vs what you expect in performance. Check out Newegg and you can see the price range. There are many threads on here talking about GPU performance if you don't know much between the various cards.

970 as well. Not going to go Sli though... I don't game near as much as I used to spend the money. 970 graphics are phenomenal to me in single GPU config... :p

But someone who is bored one day should update this thread. LOL

Wow. This thread was updated right around when i finished my first rig. i totally forgot about this thread. Shame it's not being constantly updated anymore

I can always add it to a Google Docs spreadsheet and make it available for updating that way. Though I wouldn't be the best person to update it, and I'm not sure who has the time that's knowledgeable enough to actually do so :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom