Hello!!! I hope someone can help a newbie tech

Mr.Pink

Solid State Member
Hi, my names Dillan.
i want to first start off to say hi to everyone in the forums but i have a serious inquiry. Im currently a new technician at a company called PC explorers. Im in need of advice, help, or whatever can be offered. I talked my way in and im very " Computer Savvy" but and its a big but! I dont really know the first thing about repairing computers rather than runing some software "Malwarebytes" etc. dissect the start up programs and disable running services, clear cash and cookies as well as extensions. uninstall programs delete things out of the trash....I dont want to ask any coworkers...it would cause a little embarrassment. I know theres more to cleaning computers i want to know everything! This might be a weird introduction but im helpless...haha
Hope to get some feedback!

Thanks!

I was leaning on making this more of a introduction rather than a cry for help...but i think my emotions got the best of me.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH YouTube is your friend. Seriously. You can find disassembly videos for almost anything, and reassembly is just working in reverse. The only thing tricky is applying thermal paste because almost everyone has there own way of doing it so pick one that doesn't use too much paste and run with it.

Thank grandfather of TF!
another thing to which might be a overzealous question...being as i just became a member and might be on the wrong thread. Your answer might be the same, but i currently want to get more into the coding world. Would you have advice on where to look and what questions to ask?

Last edited:
Hi Dillan. What you want to do is get rid of any malware, adware. Uninstall any programs that seem weird or not used so they dont run into the background. Use Ccleaner or Glary for a all in one tool. I recommended either one.
Install windows updates. Download chrome, internet explorer is not the fastest or malware secure. Install popular add-on called ad blocker.
Microsoft security essential, a security suite, if PC runs windows seven.

Recommend upgrades if needed, ex Ram, video card.etc.

You shouldn't feel bad about asking co-workers for help - that's what they're there for.

Thanks! Nothing in particular. Just the unsightly pop ups that appear and when browsers get over run with tenacious tool bars. It just sounds so simple, at least the way you put it...is that all it takes for one to have a computer cleaned. I mean i have followed that similar procedure with the little knowledge i had about the process of cleaning computers and had success. so i guess im not completely helpless. Just seems like the Techs i work with have so a upper advantage and seem to be in cmd prompt sometimes. I just feel like there is a more advanced way to clean a computer..i could be wrong

Yah, but Carnage....i put on a big show to get the job, it would look as if i was a joke if i went from alpha dog to a "Helpless senior citizen" attempting to clean the registry manually for the first time

Well honestly it would be better to learn to do your job the proper way and learn, rather than "fake" your way through it and not learn anything necessarily.

Thanks! Nothing in particular. Just the unsightly pop ups that appear and when browsers get over run with tenacious tool bars. It just sounds so simple, at least the way you put it...is that all it takes for one to have a computer cleaned. I mean i have followed that similar procedure with the little knowledge i had about the process of cleaning computers and had success. so i guess im not completely helpless. Just seems like the Techs i work with have so a upper advantage and seem to be in cmd prompt sometimes. I just feel like there is a more advanced way to clean a computer..i could be wrong

It could be. But.. there is more than one way to get to a destination/ or get the job done.

Dont get me wrong, i didnt "fake" my way through it. Just blew myself up to be a amazing technician where im okay at best. Without a degree and the economy the way it stands. You have to sometimes fake it to you make it. If theres anything that you can add to the cleaning process of the computer that would be fantastic. Ill continue to do my research, thanks again

Back
Top Bottom