New GPU for roughly 100$

Well took er apart and cleaned her up and here are the new temps

pic upload

I noticed some of the plastic wrapping was still on the heatsink from when it was new. Man I must have been excited to just get it in and get going back in 2011 lol

looks new now

upload pics

This is what the inside of my case looks like now to get an idea of what I can fit

Last edited:
and that wireless card isn't going to be an obstacle at all? I keep thinking the heatsink will will be smooshed up against the top of the wifi card.

and that wireless card isn't going to be an obstacle at all? I keep thinking the heatsink will will be smooshed up against the top of the wifi card.

Nope not at all, as long as you get a reference card with the fan in the back. If you go with a card that has multi fans even then it won't be much of an issue as there will be about a 1/4 in gap in between the PCI card and GPU. (I've done the same thing with my 670's)

It'll be near it but won't be a problem. My sound card is bigger than your wireless and I have no issues with it being sandwiched between two Titan X.

Well took er apart and cleaned her up and here are the new temps

pic upload

I noticed some of the plastic wrapping was still on the heatsink from when it was new. Man I must have been excited to just get it in and get going back in 2011 lol

looks new now

upload pics

Go ahead and get a small box, package up your old card neatly, toss it in.
Put it on ebay for 73.00 bucks shipped with free shipping.
Use whatever sale money you have left and aim for this:

Zotac ZT-70704-10M G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Graphic Card - 1033 MHz Core - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI Express 3.0 x16 - Newegg.com

I can understand you being worried half to death about your wiring but after looking at your case.
If you would find a few rubber bands and properly snugg them over to the edge of the case.
Like the others mentioned you should have no problems putting in a new card.
Zotac ZT-70704-10M G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Graphic Card - 1033 MHz Core - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI Express 3.0 x16 - Newegg.com

Since you still have that 1045T hexacore you may as well bump up the speed so your gaming will be much better.
I suggest you put your hexacore at 3.4ghz once you get a better heatsink.
ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa 92mm FSB (Fluid Shield Bearing) Powerful Cooling Performance CPU Cooler - Newegg.com
ARCTIC MX-4 (4g) Carbon-Based Thermal Compound, Non-Electricity Conductive, Non-Capacitive - Newegg.com

Think about it over time, if it were me I would go ahead and do it now before the gpu prices start to climb up again.

Nope, doesn't hurt, but why not take a 670 for a few bucks more over a 750 (and not even a 750Ti) ;).

Back
Top Bottom