computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
k i had this promlem the other week in a freinds computer everything on the comp seemed to work apart from the fdd and nothing came on the screen,unfortunatly it was his cpu

zimon, Take it down to bare minimum. You want to go as low as what will work. Strip it of it's cd-rw/dvd/floppy. Take out all but ONE stick of memory. If you have on board sound and a sound card, take the sound card out and use the on board sound. When you have it down to literally bare bones, see if it will work and then start adding back ONE item at a time. When you get to the point where something *craps* it out, you've found the culprit. You might also what to check the power supply. Make sure you use a generic mouse and keyboard, not a wireless or optical.

Take notes every step of the way and post back your results. Liz

Hey I have a K7T Turbo 2 and I have the same configuration of those LEDs you have. If you could post what they light up as when you turn on your computer, I could tell you the problem(s).

ok the two in the middle are green and the outside one'z are green, thnkz, u legend

Zimon

does any body think its a good idea 2 take apart the hole thing then put it back 2geather?

Zimon

Taking it down is another way of checking your power supply.You can do that if you want ! Have you been working in the case? You said it was working fine then installing a game caused it to crash.Have you been messing with any settings? Overclocking/BIOS etc...?Try clearing CMOS .Also Unplug the power supply and disconect the CPU fan and reconect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom