The future of Tech-Forums

Some of us were here before the mods or admin. Being a mod or admin does not make anyone "official".

Having people with "roles" or "teams" defeats the purpose of a forum.

It does make them official... technically.. but your not getting what I meant..

I'm thinking more of teams or members, mods whatever you want them to be that you allocate to a certain area(doesn't mean they cant roam the forums) but they can keep the area lively and talking and whatever... this is top of my head..

Just so we always have someone updating the threads, news, interesting stuff etc.. Might draw more people in.:cool:

Moderators have one soul purpose, to moderate, nothing else. Some mods frequent areas more than others, so they get stuck with just that mod, some are global, then you have administrators... But it would be nice if we had a "Support" usergroup... Certain people that hit a certain amount of respect get the badge to show they know what they are talking about in a certain portion of the forum...

See you get what I mean! not sure why carnage couldnt???:cool:

I'm thinking more of teams or members, mods whatever you want them to be that you allocate to a certain area(doesn't mean they cant roam the forums) but they can keep the area lively and talking and whatever... this is top of my head..

Just so we always have someone updating the threads, news, interesting stuff etc.. Might draw more people in.:cool:
We had dedicated mods at one point but there isn't enough activity for that anymore.

See you get what I mean! not sure why carnage couldnt???:cool:
He wasn't speaking in terms of mods, he was talking about regular users who get enough respect (by thanks I guess) who get a badge for being regular helpers or know what they're talking about in a certain area. Like for instance, I would get a badge for the hardware area because that is my specialty.

We had dedicated mods at one point but there isn't enough activity for that anymore.

He wasn't speaking in terms of mods, he was talking about regular users who get enough respect (by thanks I guess) who get a badge for being regular helpers or know what they're talking about in a certain area. Like for instance, I would get a badge for the hardware area because that is my specialty.

Yes I said mods because TF has no other dedicated teams besides mods so I thought they covered everything!! what dont you get? so what I think will be good is having teams (users, even mods, whatever) just like ive said in my posts and just like you've repeated :cool:

Forums are about community participation, imo. Updating threads and posting interesting content are the very reason for the existence of a forum as opposed to a bloggy news platform. The site team role is a supporting one in this regard. Forums are interactive - they run on the energy generated by community participation.

With the coming change we hope to have an articles page for in depth content, analysis and news and members will be able to submit content.

rily to referee and to guide board development and while many are experts in their fields, their m

Tell you what we need on this forum is more females since its dominated by male testosterone. A good diversity wouldn't go a miss.

Can confirm. Maybe ten females where I work. They're out numbered 50:1 :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom