Bitcoin mining

Joachim123

Solid State Member
Hi all. I'm farely new to all this Bitcoin stuff. I have the software and a pool, but I don't really know if I'm doing something wrong since nothing happens. So i have a couple of questions, I really hope someone will help my out with

Is it possible to mine directly from your computer, or do you need some extra hardware? And if so is it possible to put a link to the cheapest mining hardware for a beginner?

Is it possible if someone could show/write how I get it all ready, with both the mining itself and transfering to/from my Bitcoin wallet?

And can a Raspberry Pi model 2+ (Cluster) be used for mining?

Thanks in advance:)

It mostly involves one or several graphic cards, preferably an AMD card.
They do make bit mining hardware just for bit mining
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

How to:
How to set up a bitcoin miner - CoinDesk

Calculator:
Bitcoin Profitability Calculator | Beginner's Guide to Mining Bitcoin

You need to figure out your electric rate you pay your energy provider vs. the amount of bit coins you can produce, if you do not want to spend more in your cost of electricity than what you can earn in bit coin

Last edited:
Makes me wish I would have mined while I was in college in the dorms - free electricity!

Pretty much everyone has mentioned what I would of mentioned. If you get free Electricity by any chance your home free with the return. Mining hardware is expensive and I mean expensive, I was looking at set ups from £1.500 + upwards then you have the consent change in the markets of the currency Vs. the likes of Paper currency we know and most of use everyday. Also mining Bit Coins isn't hack proof as its all ready been done; aka, being hacked.

Back
Top Bottom