New GPU for roughly 100$

I'll have to take some measurements but I think the 670 might slightly too long to fit without hitting the cabling going to my drives. I will try and confirm this when I get home.

Edit: The 670 requires 2 pci express power connectors and I only seem to have one in my bag of cables for my psu. And you need to use both of the connectors right?

I remember my psu coming with 2 cables I mean there are 2 slots on the PSU where a pci express cable would go but I only have one cable

Last edited:
Yea my 550 x2 had 2 6 pin cables so yours must be somewhere.

It depends on the model of 670. They make short ones but a normal 670 shouldn't be longer than your motherboard is wide so use that to make judgement

Sent from my D6616

The cable is most likely in canada. I will keep looking though. The other thing that worries me is that with a thicker card (one that requires two open slots on the back of the case) my wireless card will block the air intake of the video card and I must have this wireless card for internet access.

This is an old pic of the inside of my computer right after I built it. The only things that have changed are there is a rear fan now and an ssd in the upper drive bay

178569_10151273249203989_574613459_o.jpg

the wireless is the card on the bottom under the graphics card. The motherboard is a Asus M$A88T-M

yes its an old school pci wireless card from 2 computers ago

I just need to figure out this whole power thing though. I still cannot find my second pcie cable.

I am also hoping that having a card requiring that much power won't put too much of a strain on my PSU being that I have added things like an ssd and another fan to what I already have. Basically I want to figure out if having 2HDDs an SSD 2 120mm fans plus the added power needed by the 670 will be ok with 600W. I don't want to have to purchase a new PSU on top of this. I may have to buy a DVI to VGA adapter though for my second monitor which is only VGA. I want to replace that monitor though soon because it is dying but until then I'll probably have to get an adapter.

I really wish I didn't leave everything I need at home where I may never end up going at least for another year

You have enough power. Just use a dual molex to 6pin adapter.

I have a couple I can throw in the box.

Also... Looking at the pic of the case, the card will fit even with the pci card. the GPU is a reference card so the fan is all the way at the end. The 670 doesn't run that hot, and with the fans you have in front it will get plenty of air flow.

the only issue I can see will be some wire management. LOL

We'll see what happens in a week or 2 when I get paid. I may have to buy a monitor too. My second one is really thinking about giving up the ghost completely. Are you looking to get rid of the card quickly?

Back
Top Bottom