ASUS G30AK

If its for gaming... I would just use 8gb of ram which is plenty but bump up to 16gb if you would like, drop i7 and use i5 processor since i7 have no point in gaming.

I just actually clicked the link since I'm on my laptop now. That rig is retarded man. Over 2 grand and only one 980? Such a damn rip. 32GB of RAM for a gaming PC? That's plain stupidity.

We can part you a rig and NCIX will build it and install Windows for a fee, and they will even ship you the boxes in case you need to RMA something. Definitely worth way more than paying for the wrong parts.

Thanks again for the info guys. Bigdog33, it is for gaming, not sure why the i5 is better than i7 for gaming, but I believe you. PP_Mguire, remember those are Canadian dollars, only worth 80% of yours, but yeah, I know it's pricey. So I haven't heard back from NCIX, but did see a similar system on their website. The Katana (Tier 3), here's the specs:

Tier 3
Intel Core i7 4790K Quad Core HT CPU
Corsair H60 CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Z97MX-GAMING 5 Motherboard
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 OC Graphics
16GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz RAM
HyperX Fury 120GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM 64MB cache HDD
Corsair CSM 650W 80 Plus Gold PSU
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Exclusive BitFenix Pandora Core Window Case w/ BitFenix Alchemy Internal Lighting

Is this more sensible at $2200 Canadian?

If you want to part out a rig I'm totally open to your input.

It's not that it's faster or slower, it's just that gaming doesn't utilize HT so you're spending about 100 extra bucks for nothing.

As to the rig, I wasn't talking about a pre-built system. Im talking about us parting one together and ncix has an option for them to build it for you.

Sent from my D6616

Back
Top Bottom