New GPU for roughly 100$

An Nvidia card will allow you the use of NVCodec which while using OBS will have minimal impact on recording and streaming gameplay.

what ever that means. lol

I just ran onto another issue I was playing 7 days and setting up for multiplayer and my computer just hard powered off. I hope that doesn't happen again. I ran the game again and left speedfan open in the other monitor. The cpu peaked in the 50s and my gpu peaked at 108. It didn't power off again but that worries me. I wonder if that was some sort of game glitch that caused that or a hardware issue. I am leaning towards hardware or simply a small power failure however nothing else powered off in my room. Sorry a little off topic but maybe now I don't know

what ever that means. lol

I just ran onto another issue I was playing 7 days and setting up for multiplayer and my computer just hard powered off. I hope that doesn't happen again. I ran the game again and left speedfan open in the other monitor. The cpu peaked in the 50s and my gpu peaked at 108. It didn't power off again but that worries me. I wonder if that was some sort of game glitch that caused that or a hardware issue. I am leaning towards hardware or simply a small power failure however nothing else powered off in my room. Sorry a little off topic but maybe now I don't know
Not to be rude, but a little Google goes a long ways.

Speedfan is a terrible application and should not be used. Use GPUZ to monitor your temps. If what it says is true, 108 is beyond the thermal threshold and is why your machine shut down.

Back to before, an Nvidia card at this point is your best bet. If you can scrape a little more for the above posted 670 I highly advise it. NVCodec is the technology behind Shadowplay, and is essentially how you can stream or record gameplay on an Nvidia card with almost no impact. Performance in a game is one thing, but wanting to stream or record is a whole different ballpark. For lower end rigs, NVCodec is hands down the best option budget builds have to streaming and recording.

The temps output by both programs appear to be the same

gpu_temp.jpg

The only issue I'm worried about is if the 670 w will actually fit in my case and not bump into the hard drive or wires also I only have 1 pci express power connector and a 600W psu so I am wondering with the load of 2 HDDs and an ssd and an exceptionally more power hungry GPU I have an Ultra X4 600W modular PSU

Back
Top Bottom