Packet Loss; Can't Fix!

croSSeduP

In Runtime
I play Quake Live and for a long time I have been getting connection interruption issues. My connection is good, my ping is good, but someone suggested that I might be having packet loss. I tried an online test to see what the sitch is with my packets, and sure enough, that part of the test could not be run. I tried turning off my firewall, I made sure that I had Java Script running (I use Google Chrome), and still no-go. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this. Anybody?

Tried updating your network drivers? Are you running wired or wireless? What router do you have? Have you tried plugging directly into the modem rather than into the router first to see if you still have lost packets?

Try running WinMTR and ping the game servers, it's pretty much a pathping and will help determine where your losing data at.

Tried updating your network drivers?
How do I do this?
Are you running wired or wireless?
Wireless.
What router do you have?
ASUS RT-N66U
Have you tried plugging directly into the modem rather than into the router first to see if you still have lost packets?
The way my network is set up this isn't really possible.
Suggestions?

Tried updating your network drivers?
How do I do this?
Open up Device manager, expand Network Devices, check the brand/model of both ethernet and wireless network cards. Go to the brand manufacturers' websites, download/install the latest drivers from their sites.

Are you running wired or wireless?
Wireless.
Tried wired?

What router do you have?
ASUS RT-N66U
Tried updating the firmware?

Have you tried plugging directly into the modem rather than into the router first to see if you still have lost packets?
The way my network is set up this isn't really possible.
Suggestions?

Eh? How is it not possible? Run ethernet cable from PC directly to modem and see if you still have packet loss issues. If not, then issue lies with the router. If so, then it's either the modem or something with your PC.

The problem appears to be with Google Chrome. I read, in short, that Chrome no longer supports Java. I ran a packet loss test with I.E. and Javascript enabled, and it finally did the test properly and showed no packet loss at all. Isn't that interesting...

Quake Live is still lagging out so bad that it is unplayable. I am at the end of my rope with this. I don't even know browser QL uses? In any case, ANY packet loss test online I try to use in Chrome does not work.

Didn't know they were dropping support. Specifically, they're dropping NPAPI, a really old framework. You can reenable it for now, but Support will officially end in September. I'm fine with it... Java is a big source of security holes, just like Flash.

Sent from my HTC One

Should be able to find the servers' IP's (or at least an address) through the game's server browser somehow.

Back
Top Bottom