Acer sucks badly

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
fixed and upgraded a friends Acer PC with a new hard drive and SSD since the OEM died, Put the same version of windows and now he's getting a windows is invalid. Well MS won't help me saying since it's OEM Acer is responsible and Acer won't even let me send a email unless I have a product under warrentee..... For out of warrentee items they send you to some hacks that charge you some outrageous price just to talk to them. God I hate prebuilts even more now, Starting to see why so many people use un-lagit copies of windows. OK rant over

I've never had issues using an OEM disc on a prebuilt system... Install the proper copy (Home Premium vs Pro, etc.), and then enter in product key. Will fail online activation, and require over the phone activation...asks how many systems the key was used on (just say 1), and then enter in the code given to you.

Called MS and they told me I had to call ACER, This was after I gave him the registration # so he could see why it was failing registration and then told me they would not help and to call ACER which won't talk to me unless I have a product still under warrentee. And they use some third party that asks your CC number for the charge of the call before they will discuss anything fpr there out of warrentee stuff.

Yeah never had that issue with OEM systems - been many years since I've done anything with Acer in regards to reinstalling an OS on one...but as long as you're using the license key on the sticker (or if it's Win8, the one embedded in the BIOS), then it should work fine when doing the automated activation over the phone (call the # that's given to you in the activation window after online activation fails).

actually for whatever reason that option was missing from the activation window. Will keep looking for a number for ACER. On there site I can't even send an email unless I have a id# for a warrenteed item. So I couldn't find a number but will keep searching.

The phone # for activation will pop up after online activation fails. Should give the option to activate by phone - then pick your country and the phone number will pop up. Force the pop up being opening up the Run... dialog and typing in: slui.exe 4

That's just it, that option is missing when the activation fails, Mostly just gives the option to buy a new copy. Found the MS number online and there the ones that told me with that OEM I have to call acer and said they can not give me any help.

Are you sure your using an OEM windows install disk and not a retail install disk?
I've seen that happen when you try to use an oem key on a retail install

Sounds like your using a Non-Acer disk... Rare, but from time to time, even though a disk is labeled OEM, sometimes M$ has a different key seed for some manufactures.

Back
Top Bottom