why is it that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GageMW

Daemon Poster
most ppl pair their processors and video cards, and this is a HUGE generalization, but from i what i see, its AMD&Nvidia and Intel&ATI, is it just me,did i forget to take my pills or something? also the intellers (again big generalization) also tend to have fat wallets and use for things other then gaming, love to hear what you guys think, but please, no flame war :D

i guess im being given silent treatment for such a controversial topic, so how do i close a thread?

I have an AMD and ATI. And Intellers have big wallets, well, that is why they buy Intels, because they cost more and they think they are better cuz the price and they're dumb. JK, NO offense!! :D

In fact the better part of the public bought up ati as the 9600-9800 series owned nvidia, now recently we've had 2 new products come out to the hardware scene... AMD brought the 64b chip and nvidia released the 6800 series which is beating ati this time.. Now that these two items have come out within the same time, people are getting new amd chip along with new nvidia cards because that is what is good =)

So others are moving over to that right now while some are still left behind =( Get what I'm saying though?

lol, am i stupid because i think the "Plays best on nvidia" on most newer games actually means anything?

I love AMD, bought Intel this time specifiacally for the HT. though I was using my ATi card on previous AthlonXP 3000+ and Asus A7N8X mobo without problems.

I dont run with the flow, as I bought AMD first time, when every body said that its a total failure, still I did, and I was happy at its purchase. before AMD Athlon 64 series, Intel has only 1 edge over it and that was No Thermal Death, even in P-3 series, they at least didnt die because of FAN failure or CPU over heat, whilst AMD Athlon's use to. also before Northwood core of P-IV's, AMD use to dissapate more heat than Intels, whereas things are reversed. Winchester on AMD is cooler than SLedgehammer, whereas Intel's Prescott is hotter than Northwood.

Both AMD and Intel invests most while wafer fabrication of the CPU, that brings the CPU MTB almost to 0, but in past mostly AMD's died because of Thermal Death thats Y they lost their market strength. and dell as well preferred Intel. as now AMD 64's are as well coming with the Thermal Diode on chip, and Intels getting hotter. I think Dell guys must be thinking of using AMD's into their systems.

where as ATi and nVidia war is concerned, nVidia is into graphic chip long before ATi came into exsistence, its just their radeon 9700 card that was flagship bringing its name into market, else who can challenge the research of guys at nVidia.

In a few senses GAgeMW you are right. I have the expensive intel, and the ATI. But then again not all I do is GAME and my games run perfectly so I choose to get an extra booste out of my programs so I chose intel. And there really are only two sides to graphics cards, ATi vs. Nvidea. I got plenty of pro's and con's of both. And in the end I decided to chose a specific type of ATi x800 that fit me, what I want to do, and what is best for my computer. So for me I didn't just "put those" together. I was SOOOO close to getting a 6800ultra...trust me.

no im not saying thats how they decide, it just seemed to me like they usually ended up that way:) lol huge generalization, but i see it all over the place :D

I think Dell guys must be thinking of using AMD's into their systems.
Doubt it, I just posted an article not too long ago with Dells CEO saying they didn't need AMD to be successful even though there was a demand for them...pretty lame and the CEO was very arrogant about it too.

My friend is using AMD and ATI, I have AMD and Nvidia. It just depends on what's popular at the time like with all things. I personally like nvidia just because they've been in the game for a while and have always been a well trusted company although yes the 9xxx series beat the FX series but nvidia has come back.

Regarding the X800 you basically have to get the X800XT PE otherwise the best bang for the buck is the 6800GT from eVGA which can be overclocked to and past 6800Ultra speeds.

It's all personal pref like with anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom