motherboard
ram
SATA 3 connectors : a few extra with extra length if needed
card reader ( feel free to laugh )
optical drive
GPU
compressed air
basic tool kit
extra fan extension connectors ( in case needed )

I will be heading to Rochester MN with a friend to watch the Mayweather vs Pacquaio fight. We will be doing the build that day down @ his place. I want to make sure I have everything I need to complete this build, because the closest computer supply store is about 90 mins. away.

Can you think of anything Im missing? Any connectors or parts I may need?

I do have all the peripheral needed.

Thanks again everyone
-Michael

Do you need a wireless card?

Other than that looks like everything is there, unless you want to get some thermal paste for the CPU rather than use the pre applied one.

I7 4790k
Msi 970 gpu
Gigabyte z97x gaming 3 mobo
Corsair hx 750 modulr psu
Samsung ssd 850 pro 500gb
Hgst 4tb 7200 rpm hdd
Corsair 760t case
Noctua nhd 14 flu heatsink cooler
Lg blu ray optical drive
Rosewill card reader
Kingwin 003 fan controller
Multiple af 140 and sp 120 corsair quiet fans

Be careful with the AF and SP fans, AF is for high airflow, SP is for static pressure which prevents dust settling on things, but isn't overly good for pushing large amounts of air out of the case, or into it. SP fans are commonly used on liquid cooling radiators too :)

That D14 comes with Noctua fans on the heatsink. Don't need to put crappy Corsair fans on it. Even still, I wouldn't have went with a standard heatsink when something like an H100i would have been much better.

sheesh.. just cant make ya happy with 1 of my build posts. J/K

I have posted on multiple forums about whether to liquid cool with H100i or air cool. 99% of people said to go with air cool unless I O.C.

That D14 comes with Noctua fans on the heatsink. Don't need to put crappy Corsair fans on it. Even still, I wouldn't have went with a standard heatsink when something like an H100i would have been much better.

sheesh.. just cant make ya happy with 1 of my build posts. J/K

I have posted on multiple forums about whether to liquid cool with H100i or air cool. 99% of people said to go with air cool unless I O.C.

Yeah, that's not exactly a stock speed cooler even if it's air. If you're getting a cooler just for stock speeds save yourself some dough and get a Hyper 212.

If you're going that high price for a cooler does it matter what type it is? The answer is not really.

Yea, kinda dumb logic lol. Both are meant for OCing, but air coolers dump all that heat into your case which is where an AIO will always win regardless if you OC or not.

Back
Top Bottom