New Drive won't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelicBeaver

Beta member
I am new to computer building and have just built my first---again. I broke my CPU the first time... 'nuther story... SO I finally got my new parts in and a DVD burner.
I assembled everything, turned comp on and it stops and says I'm missing my operating system. Only, I put XP in the DVD rom drive. It won't read it or something. I also tried to read it with the CD-RW just below.

I have one IDE cable running to both (my hard drive is on the other port) and I pulled both out and set the jumpers to master (DVD) and slave (CD-RW). I have switched the order of the cables (terminates at the CD, terminates at the DVD, starts at 1st IDE port, sterts at 2nd IDE port).
I don't know what to do and am seeking sagely wisdom. Thank you.

My system is: Asus A7V600-X mobo, Athlon XP 2600 333FSB, nvidia Geforce 4 graphics card, NEC DVD rewriteable DL, and CD-RW

I tried to build the computer before and sort of formatted the hard drive, but I never finished. I had problems that were not resolved until now. Now I have new ones. If you mean the DVD RW drive, no. I didn't think you could do that. Apparently, this is OEM? Which means all I got was the DVD drive. Without a manual or anything else. I didn't mean to get OEM. But iz chipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom