System Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

aye29

Daemon Poster
My system restore folder (C:\_RESTORE) is almost 10 Gb and it is taking up too much space on my hard drive. Is there way I can empty that folder? Will there be any negative effects from doing so?

System restore's size will depend on a few things:

-Size of your drive overall
-Size of your files
-How many restore points there are

Usually the restore points will automagially be created after updates, installs etc.

To change the values that system restore uses, go to control panel, system properties - then the system restore tab. On the tab you can change which drives system restore is monitoring and the overall space allocated.

You can 'clean up' unwanted restore points by selecting the clean up option on the hard drive, and under then advanced tab there is an option to get rid of all system restore points except for the most recent.

chalk

I don't see the option to delete old system restore points although I did find the option that allows me to set the amount of HD space that system restore uses. It could be because you are describing how to do it in Windows XP. I am running on Windows ME.

right click on c drive...choose properties,...select disk cleanup....this willl get you to the disk cleanup for system (C:)...then go to the "more options" tab and at the very bottom,..you'll see system restore,..just click clean up..and you'll be good to go!

aye29 said:
It could be because you are describing how to do it in Windows XP. I am running on Windows ME.

ha! i never even noticed this:)....oh well,..nice one microbell...you saved the day once more!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom