Descent Underground

PP Mguire

Build Guru
So one of the guys that was on the Star Citizen team, and has made several other memorable past space games is now doing an official Descent reboot backed by Interplay. Although the unofficial reboot and free project Sol Contingency was half way canned, they are still going but aren't doing anything "Descent" related in regards to IP and copyright issues.

Descent Underground like I said is official, and you can view their page here. They plan to have a release of some sort by next year and their Kickstarter you can find here.

If you grew up on this sweet ass game like I did then you're probably as excited as I am. I've already backed 80 bucks and can't wait to touch even the alpha.

If you're new, or the younger gen, Descent is the first 360 degree all motion game and made people sick back in the day. It was my personal first PC game and I had to learn DOS to play it. There hasn't really been another game like it since Descent 3 kinda tanked in 99. You can find gameplay vids on Youtube but I'll link this one (random) so you can see what it was like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuMBYZrcQfU

Now all we need is somebody like this guy to take on Mechwarrior.

I still have my Descent 3 box - the one that had the previous versions included.

I should see if I can get that running on Win7, until this version here is released.

Have you tried Descent 1 or 2 with the Rebirth mod? It's still sick man. Descent 2 is almost 15 years old and gave my younger friend vertigo. He had to get up and walk around for 30 minutes so he didn't puke. I thought it was amazing.

Btw props to rocking that i5 750.

Have you tried Descent 1 or 2 with the Rebirth mod? It's still sick man. Descent 2 is almost 15 years old and gave my younger friend vertigo. He had to get up and walk around for 30 minutes so he didn't puke. I thought it was amazing.

Is that the Source port of Descent? I've heard of it but never played it. Might check it out.

PP Mguire said:
Btw props to rocking that i5 750.

Yea, it's a bit old, but it still gets the job done. I'll probably upgrade my system in the next year or so.

Descent 1 and 2 were awesome. As much as I was looking forward to Descent 3, I just could not get into it as there was some thing that just was not the same about it.

Looking forward, I an keen to pick up the new Descent when it comes out next year.

Back
Top Bottom