GTA V activation issues

mikee

Fully Optimized
I ran into a problem with activating GTAV the day it came out it just kept saying error trying to activate and would do nothing more. Eventually it did work and activate and I have been playing for a while day. But today when I try to play it takes me back to the activation screen and does the error trying to activate thing all over again and I can't play. Why is it making me activate the same game on the same computer again? and refusing to work in doing so. All I really want to do is play the game but so far it has been a total pain in the butt.

Well the game worked fine for a week but now its going back and trying to activate and failing again saying error trying to activate. I really thought rockstar would have sorted this out by now. I mean I already activated the game but why does it ask to activate again every now and then and refuse to work but other times the game launches no problem.

Have you contacted their support? I haven't had any issues with the game trying to reactivate or anything like that.

No, that's what I was saying - that I don't have that issue that the game tries to reactivate. And no, it's not normal.

Did you buy it from Steam or just get a RockStar key? If you bought it off of Steam, try verifying the files in case something is corrupted. Could also try manually reinstalling Social Club as well.

I bought if off steam. I did install a trainer not long ago maybe that messed things up. But I like the trainer and want to keep it if I can.

Edit:

Reinstalled social club and still same problem. This seems to be an on and off problem for me some days I just can't get on and others it works just fine. when I first installed the game on launch day I couldn't play for hours because of this issue. Back then I thought it was just because rockstar's servers were overloaded

Last edited:
Verify the game files through Steam - if that doesn't work, open up a ticket with Rockstar - I've never had the game try to reactivate on me.

The game started working randomly again but next time it happens I will definitely open a ticket. I feel I may just get ignored since I when I googled this issue people were saying they filed tickets and went unanswered

Back
Top Bottom