The future of Tech-Forums

Monthly news letters wouldn't be a bad idea... Have the months top stories about technology for each category we cover, as well as links to the top threads of the month.

Just noticed I didn't have TF bookmarked on my laptop so I googled 'Tech Forums' (just as I did when I first joined a few months back) and 'Techist' was the first result. I wondered briefly what happened but after clicking all my worries (brief as they were), were laid to rest.

Regarding the name change, I'm pretty impartial being relatively new to the site. As far as I'm concerned, the wealth of knowledge this site and its members' provides far outweighs the name it goes by.

Anyways, just thought I'd say that any and all changes you guys are planning on implementing I fully support. I've quickly turned my basic knowledge of 'Tech' related subject matter (which was essentially 'that's an XBox, and that's a computer') to the point where now I can at the very least half-ass my way through a 'Tech' related conversation with friends with some degree of confidence; all thanks to this site.

By the way, I think that the e-mailed monthly newsletter is a great idea. That will definitely bring eyes back to the site, or at the very least plant a seed in the back of ones mind reminding them we're here. I know not all will agree, but with guys like iTunes pumping out sometimes 2-3 e-mails a day, I can't imagine a 'once a month' newsletter is going to really drive people away from the site.

Also, maybe this is already a feature that I'm perhaps unaware of (like I said, still pretty new here), but if the idea behind the changes is introducing more mobile tech info/forums, bringing traffic in, etc. maybe there could be an option for one to subscribe to a general topic, ie:
Mobile Phones/Tablets: Tips, Tricks, Fixes, General Info/Reviews, News
Laptops: Builds, Upgrades, General Info/Reviews, News
Desktops: Builds, Upgrades, General Info/Reviews, News

So now, meshing those two ideas, the User can subscribe to a/multiple general topic(s) (whichever is most applicable to them, and on top of the ability to subscribe to individual threads) and the newsletter could cover hot threads within those general topics, debates, new products, news, etc.

Now whether any of that is feasible, practical, or even made much sense, I'm not too sure. Just thought I'd put my two cents in. Mind you now that Canada has discontinued production of pennies, I know that aint worth much, LMAO XD

I'm normally against mass emails since they tend to be a bit spammy, however a single mass email just to remind all registered users that the site still exists and has been revamped would be an excellent idea.

I would find monthly newsletters annoying in theory but provided they weren't too long I probably wouldn't mind.

I'm normally against mass emails since they tend to be a bit spammy, however a single mass email just to remind all registered users that the site still exists and has been revamped would be an excellent idea.

I would find monthly newsletters annoying in theory but provided they weren't too long I probably wouldn't mind.
I feel the people who will read them will read them and those who won't will just delete without clicking. In that regard I don't suspect it really matters how long they are.

I agree

Back
Top Bottom