New AMD system build

What kind of budget do you have? You'll get better performance out of Intel than you will out of AMD. Of course, Intel will cost you more.

My budget is around $900, never built an intel computer system before. If you recommend parts, I will be sure to check it out especially if it gives better performance.

Sorry, i forgot to mention the reason I chose that board and hard drive, should have given you more information. As i'm doing video editing, I require the mother board to have built in fire wire capabilities, in both the back of the board and can be connected to a compatible case, so i can have access to it, at the front. The western digital black is actually designed for photo and video editing, so should get better performance, should of mentioned those before.

Unless I'm exceedingly dense (which, honestly, wouldn't be surprising :p), I don't see a firewire port on the motherboard you selected, either.

You can get a firewire card for any board. I'll have to look over this thread when I get home from work as there's no way I can piece a build on my phone.

Just from glancing though ditch the SSD for at least a Samsung EVO or Crucial MX100. I also don't see the point in a 750w psu or a 280 if you're not gaming. You could easily get a cheaper card like a gtx 750 and then use a Seasonic 520w s1211.

To the HDD don't let marketing fool you. Pretty much any 7200rpm drive with similar cache will perform the same. Drives that are different in tech are like the purple, green, or nas drives.

Sent from my D6616

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom