Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB COOLING FAN HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodshiNe`

Beta member
I have a stock Radeon 9800 PRO and I wanted to replace the stock fan, also I don't plan on overclocking this card for a while so I wanted to just get a plain better fan, but I have a couple of questions first:

1. Is the stock fan for the Radeon 9800 PRO card under 6000 RPM?

2. Vantec Iceberq 4 VGA Cooling Kit-Copper with Blue LED; I wanted to know if that fan would be good for just cooling the card down when playing games better than the stock fan

3. Would this fan be worth it? (I mean I just want to cool the card down 75-200% more than the stock fan does)

4. If you guys say this fan is good and it's worth it, would I apply the same Thermal Grease that I'd put on a CPU to the GPU? Or is there some other stuff I should put on? Or should I not put any Thermal Grease on the GPU?

All answers would be appreciated

this im going to answer simply...since you arent going to o/c it, then there is a pro and con to using your own heatsink. yes, you can apply thermal grease. thinner layers are better!

pro: it will give you a sense of security when youre pushing your gaming to the limits. the blue LED looks ultra cool in the rig

con: you can screw up...also, replacing the fan and applying grease voids your warranty..so ouch.

overall, theres nothing bad about the stock heatsink. I would only replace it if its broken or way too noisy. hope this helps!

I'd have to aggree if u don't want to OC and ur comps not melting or too hot don't bother or at least wait untill ur warrenty has run out

Heh... so I can't just take off the fan and add a new one?
Because the new one I was looking at that I showed you guys has a heatsink on it...

As soon as i got my 9800 pro i wanted to change the fan

ITS SO LOUD

so now i use this

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=41

Far better cooling than the stock hsf plus the fan has high and low speeds (even high is quieter than stock)

Look around, I got this cheap and not too difficult to attach (excellent instructions with pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom