Swapping Pagefile.sys from one partition to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleHerring

Solid State Member
I'm trying to fix all these errors on my C drive using Norton SystemWorks but it requires me moving Pagefile.sys from one partition to another. How would I go about doing this? I'm not very computer savy so a detailed explanation would be great. I'm using Windows XP if that helps at all. Thanks in advanced.

Select the pagefile.sys file right click select copy, go to your 2nd partition and right click and select paste.

I right click on my computer, click properties, click advance then perfomance settings, now I click on that advance tab, then the change tab at vitual memory

I then set the memory to my second hard drive (it must be on a second hard to really work better, not just a second partition on your first hard drive) I set it to 2.5 X rate of my phisical memory (1280 for my 512ram). I set the minium and maxium to this value (this is what all of the computer books and magazines say set it to for optimal performance). I then click set.

now I click on the C drive, then I click no paging file and I click set again. I now click on all of the ok's and apply's and then I reboot the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom