New GPU

I don't have time to browse through the manual before work but if somebody else has time to figure out what the LEDs mean it'll help with your problem. Will need to know which one is turning red.

Well, all the trouble is somewhere else.
On monday I was fixing some cables on the wall (we just moved in) and when I was jumping down from the table I hit the PC really hard with my elbow. Fortunatelly only the very front of it where the switch is on. So FAN LED and connectors work, but not the on/off switch. I am not really sure what to do with it, because it seems all sealed.

I can turn the PC on, there is on/off an reset button on MB. But on/off and reset buttons on the front panel are dead. I tried to open it, but couldn't see anything that would seem wrong

Case closed - I am retarded. Due to the hit there was a loose connector leading to front panel. :p

Btw should I sometimes take off the CPU cooler and repaste it from time to time?

Case closed - I am retarded. Due to the hit there was a loose connector leading to front panel. :p

Btw should I sometimes take off the CPU cooler and repaste it from time to time?

Generally only necessary when you are experiencing high/increased temps when they should be lower (remember to factor in ambient air temp in the case/the room it's in).

I think my CPU temps are usually 40-50°C. I might do some testing.
Also do you have any idea what are OK temperatures for GTX970? I was used to speed up the fan with GTX580 before playing. Now it seems it cools itself quite good. During gaming is max 78°C.
I don't have much of a time lately...moving and taking care of our twins takes us most of our time. :D

Back
Top Bottom