New GPU

Should I repaste 970 also?
Btw. do you guys think the PSU could have damaged it? I am using a spare GPU and everything is ok.
I guess the dust killed it. I have cleaned it only a couple of times. :-( And no repasting. :-(

You helped me so much, guys. As always. Tomorrow I will get that beast.
I will try to figure out what happened to my poor 580, maybe repair and sell it.
Just one question keeps bugging me - I cannot find any info about PhysX on EVGA site. Does all of them have it?

You helped me so much, guys. As always. Tomorrow I will get that beast.
I will try to figure out what happened to my poor 580, maybe repair and sell it.
Just one question keeps bugging me - I cannot find any info about PhysX on EVGA site. Does all of them have it?

Any nVidia GPU since the 8xxx (that has at least 256MB of VRAM) series has had PhysX capabilities.

I am installing the card right now and I got stuck with power adaptors. My PSU has only 6+2pins and no 6pins. Those adaptors have 5 pins used and I have 6. Not sure how to explain this. There was an reduction but it is unusable with the modular PSU.

The 6+2 pins are +2 in case it needs the 8 pin but if not you only use the 6 pin part and the extra 2 just hang off the plug unused so no need for the adapters, My card has one 6 pin and one 8 pin so one has the +2 just hanging off the side.

Dear all,
here I am with another trouble.
The GPU works great (appart from some coil whine), but now my wife called again.
The PC won't turn on. There are two lights on MB, one green and one red. Normally both of them are lit up, now only the red one.
Any idea what the trouble could be? I really hope if anything broke it's the PSU not MB. :(

I can't believe I forgot to mention it.
Here's full setup:

MB: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO - Intel Z68
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX750M 750W
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K + CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 CL8
HDD: WD Caviar Black - 1TB
Case: CoolerMaster HAF-922 (RC-922M-KKN1-GP)

P.S. I am sorry for such a stupid question. I am aware it can be pretty much anything, but I am starting to be a bit of a desperate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom