The future of Tech-Forums

Dropping the forum is the main idea. Basically says we're more of a community. Not there yet but that is part of the plan.

That also has slight drawbacks like people searching "tech forum". The redirects should mitigate that enough to be unnoticeable.

Not sure how many people actually search for "tech forum" though either, or even "computer forum".

believe it or not, if im looking for a forum to do research... i always put forum... lol That will always give me almost nothing but forums.

Thread has been cleaned. Let's try to keep it going in the right direction.

Can we get the mobile app to actually work by making a small update and having it redirect to techist please? Then I could easily browse. Can't be as productive in hardware but can at least keep up.

Honestly, don't even know if we have access to the mobile app? Pretty sure that was Larry's doing..and that was some time ago. The owners (or maybe Trotter) could confirm or deny this, but I haven't heard anything, and we don't have access to anything in the mod forum in regards to anything like source code or settings for the app.

Don't wanna use Tapatalk? :p

I just thought I'd add that by this point in my professional development, it tends to be more advanced topics (forensics, security, networking) that interest me rather than PC building etc. Unfortunately it also tends to be hard to integrate these topics in any meaningful way that permits actual discussion. And not many people tend to be after help for these things from free forums :p

Honestly, don't even know if we have access to the mobile app? Pretty sure that was Larry's doing..and that was some time ago. The owners (or maybe Trotter) could confirm or deny this, but I haven't heard anything, and we don't have access to anything in the mod forum in regards to anything like source code or settings for the app.

Don't wanna use Tapatalk? :p

Andy had the current app put out after he got TF. The original app was for vB4.x.

Back
Top Bottom