no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried it for the audio but with no success. I'll try it with the printer and if I encounter success I'll let you know.

as ur audio driver is on the CD only, it wont get detected right away from windows98 folders.

i have mentioned the path as when it asks for the cd. to install the remaining files. then give the path, or you would have copied straight away the path i mentioned.

do you have the windows 98 CD with you? as i rembeber insrting the Windows98 CD into the drive, rather than giving the path.

have you got the cd?

or you installed it from already saved place in your hard drive, say as if u did that. then (e.g ur source win98 is in D) give the path to that folder, from where u installe the windows.

can u get windows XP instead?

what ever u did so far, a person like u @ 14 couldnt have done it even.

have u previously installed 98 on same system?

XP costs some $ though.

I haven't had 98 installed on this system before, but rather my old HP pavilion which everything had comed bundled with printer etc. which ran 98. Last year a sort of friend of the family built a new computer that we had everything hooked back up to running ME this time. Do you think my troubles would most likely be solved should I upgrade to ME from 98?

I myself dont prefer ME over 98, as Me was the worst system out of Microsoft operating systems.

I had as well difficulty installing few things on same motherboard on win98, but once it was done. i never had any problems.

also, regard to O/S, I jumped from 98SE to Windows XP's (touched Me, 2K, NT) in between but never liked them.

so 98SE and XP remained my most favoured operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom