The future of Tech-Forums

Well techist is blocked at work and mobile app doesn't work. Full desktop site is too clunky for me to use so until something changes guess I'm out for a while.

Well techist is blocked at work and mobile app doesn't work. Full desktop site is too clunky for me to use so until something changes guess I'm out for a while.

Tapatalk works - just gotta remove Tech-Forums from your follow list first if you're already following it, then search for Techist.

The mobile layout of the site works fine as well.

The mobile layout of the site doesn't show me new posts in threads that I can see or have a way of going to the last post of a thread. It's also much harder to navigate than using the old mobile app.
Not paying for tapatalk bruh.

I was under the impression it cost money as well. (bruh)

I guess they made it free at some point in the last couple years?

I think 3 things can drastically improve the site:

1. More current and visually appealing template.

We need better graphics and a more intuitive feature-packed interface to represent the website. The color theme is quite drab it needs some juice to it.​

2.Published content from volunteers of the community who create professional reviews, tutorials, or news posts on current and trending topics.

This could include a group that would be created for these individuals so they can be recognized in the forums. We should begin recruiting individuals who have diverse sets of interests so the broad categories they will be creating content for will provide more of a demographic for potential users as well as increase the websites SEO on many different topics and provide a foundation for discussion and learning.​

3. More mobile friendly access.

Convenience is key. No one wants to jump through hoops such as being required to get a certain app to run our website or view it in a specific orientation to optimally view the website. Many current themes have this compatibility built in.​

I like the outreach though. The best ideas can be pruned from the most ideas.

Last edited:
So if tech-list is real and going to be coming soon this year.
Could the webmasters make the site more better for mobile browsers such opera, chrome and any etc ?

When I view this site on my smart phone I use opera or chrome.
Makes it easier on me and better to navigate.
From a distance it may look crunched up, fixing the zoom and the settings for it makes it easier.
Even the pics from users, staff team is decent, but the logo at the top and the tabs could do some redoing.
Nothing says it better when you have stuff all crunch up.
All your trying to do is click on a hyper link and have the thing send you to god knows where in some other part of the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if tech-list is real and going to be coming soon this year.
Could the webmasters make the site more better for mobile browsers such opera, chrome and any etc ?

When I view this site on my smart phone I use opera or chrome.
Makes it easier on me and better to navigate.
From a distance it may look crunched up, fixing the zoom and the settings for it makes it easier.
Even the pics from users, staff team is decent, but the logo at the top and the tabs could do some redoing.
Nothing says it better when you have stuff all crunch up.
All your trying to do is click on a hyper link and have the thing send you to god knows where in some other part of the board.

We'll be talking about our overall platform, themes, mobile optimization, etc. in the coming months as we get a more definitive plan.

Believe me, we (the staff) want a new theme and things fixed just as bad as you guys. It's not like we haven't been pushing for it...past management just never did anything about it and it's good that our new management are actually pursuing plans rather than just "talking the talk".

Like Andy said, the next step/phase will be taking place in a few months. We should have most of our major stuff done by the end of this year. After we have the major stuff done and sorted out, we'll move onto lower priority items such as theme, etc.

Like we've said before, we're still very much in the planning stages still right now, and we need to do everything carefully before actually implementing changes, by going through testing phases. We have most of our major changes already planned out, but we haven't been transparent about them yet since we want to make sure we're still heading in the right direction before making any announcements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom