Blew out my tower now it wont power up

I guess ill order one from amazon and get it tuesday. i have a lot of other pcs but none that can take 6 monitors. Not the end of the world....yet

and not likely i could find a corsair that is fully modular (24 pin and all) that would work with my cables huh?

thanks for your response.

Thats kind of hard to believe your psu would just die from air cleaning.
Check your case pwr, rst and hdd led wires.
Unplug the pwr and reinsert it and make sure its the in correct position you had it in.
Also this might be a long shot, but wait till in the morning time.
Plug in your power cord and turn it on, make sure any dust or debre isn't on the mobo or near it capacitors.
Too much of it and it'll make your computer short out when powering on and off over time or kill it if powered in correctly.

If all else fails and you can use the net from whatever, order yourself a new psu from newegg and contact seasonic rma support for a replacement.

Welcome to Seasonic USA

Welcome to Seasonic USA

that is what i would think. my guess it was about to go and when i plugged it in (after cleaning it) a capacitor failed. but i got no indication aof that or any smell etc.

How do you explain that i cannot get a fan to power off of it when jumping the 4th and 5th wire on 24 pin? this would eliminate the possibility of anything but the psu having an issue would it not?

Last edited:
that is what i would think. my guess it was about to go and when i plugged it in (after cleaning it) a capacitor failed. but i got no indication aof that or any smell etc.

How do you explain that i cannot get a fan to power off of it when jumping the 4th and 5th wire on 24 pin? this would eliminate the possibility of anything but the psu having an issue would it not?

I'd agree that PSU = dead if you already tried the wire trick and it did nothing.

Update:

I plugged in one of the other cables to the psu and the fan worked. I did not realize that part of that 24pin connector was on another 8 pin jack.

So I suppose it is likely to be my motherboard and something else? or i suppose it could still be the psu or anything.

Going to go over everything a few more times.
ASRock > X79 Extreme6/GB

any suggestions on the next troubleshooting move is appreciated.

One simple thing I ALWAYS check because I had a system come in for a repair that would not power up at all, Well I got just the tower so put all the wires on and my power cable and it booted right up. Turned out his power cable failed, I gave him a $3 power cable and he was happy. Couldn't bring myself to charge him the full repair price since all I did was plug it in so he handed me a $20 and we called it good but I've seen a few cables go bad over time, Might have a break in the wire and making a bad contact. try a different one and see if it reacts the same, Even if it did power up the fan it might not be getting clean power so it doesn't give full power to your system.

Back
Top Bottom