no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had same board, and it required win98 drivers CD, or you can point it to:

C:\WINDOWS\system32 (you can copy paste this on that text bar where it says it require CD. also try it with

C:\WINDOWS\system as well if system32 folder doesnt works.

it will install whatever it required from there. its been a very long time (2 years since i configured the A7N8X on Win98, so remembering things is little dificlt, but this wa the metod that i used)..

else, others having same board, like Demalii can help you better.

just force it to accept that system32 / system folder again and again.

I love windoes 98SE myself, but its very difficult to configure.

people move forward and you are coming backward from ME tro 98SE, any typical reason?

but its not asking for a path or cd. Do you mean to use the system32 as a path for the have disk option?

Before I had 98 and got by for 2 or 3 years with it before I broke down and got someone to build a computer for me. When I got it back I had ME, after about a year I'm fed up with it, and while I got errors with both the 98 errors were easier to deal with.

i tried that many times and got the same answer over and over again "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware."

as far as i remember, when i faced the same problem with the A7N8X board while installing sound drivers on Windows 98.

and when it asks for the win98 CD, it doesnt asks for the DISK OPTION, just a window pop up.

as if there is a disk option. then click that button and give the same path of C:windows/system32 folder.

or try it as well on c:/windows/system folder.

Currently I get no prompt for the Cd. What I am doing is going through the add hardware wizard, selecting that my device is not listed and going through the 'have disk' option and browsing for my path. I used the path there and those were my results.

also, what did you mean by this "or try it as well on c:/windows/system folder." is it not the same as the above path?

edit: err. forget that confustion on path^...

no, both are different paths /folders

there will be 2 different folders into windows root folder

1: system 32
2: system

check inside both

you'll find the drivers to win98

and use same method of installing hardware on printer as well. it might work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom