CPU throttling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

So the hot air produced by the heatsink fan blows downward but the vents is on the top and the back ?

Does your case get warm or hot when its in operation ?
Also some manufacturer oem fans arent worth jack ****.

AeroCool DS 120mm Blue 120mm Patented Dual layered blades with noise and shock reduction frame - Newegg.com
With something like this and the heatsink I recommended with thermal paste.
That should be enough or better than a basic water cooling setup.

Water is a much better medium for heat transfer than air is, That's true for everything not just cpu's

Hmm show me a comparison chart yourself, the water cooling products I've seen lately.
To me it doesn't do very much, not unless you oc constantly or your an extreme gamer or enthusiast.

You know pp's current cpu right ?
His would greatly benifit from that especially if he put the cpu to real good use.

This list here also would do, but if you know which branded heatsink fans work with a good combo of paste and fans..
4th Generation Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7 Processors
You wouldn't even need to screw around with water.
Why do some intel users seek water cooling is beyond me especially if the chips don't take a lot of wattage to do point a to point b.

Because they cool better? You know what compares against my H100i in terms of air performance? The Noctua DH14. That thing is a massive hunk of metal I absolutely would not want sitting in my case anymore. The last air cooler I used was a TRUE120 Black with dual Scythe Kaze Ultra fans and replaced it with an H50 back in 2009. I've never looked back since.

Smaller, less weight, better heat transfer, quieter (depending on fans and application), and the best part? Direct heat out of your case without dumping it in your case.

The only time I recommend air is when people have a cooling budget below 50 bucks. The best option then is the Hyper 212 EVO.

Because they cool better? You know what compares against my H100i in terms of air performance? The Noctua DH14. That thing is a massive hunk of metal I absolutely would not want sitting in my case anymore. The last air cooler I used was a TRUE120 Black with dual Scythe Kaze Ultra fans and replaced it with an H50 back in 2009. I've never looked back since.

Smaller, less weight, better heat transfer, quieter (depending on fans and application), and the best part? Direct heat out of your case without dumping it in your case.

The only time I recommend air is when people have a cooling budget below 50 bucks. The best option then is the Hyper 212 EVO.

You can keep your water cooling, 2009 is the last you stopped using air ?
From that time line I've been on air cooling never had much of a problem.
Even with my old aero cool case side panel off 24/7 and one 120 fan going.
It wasn't even hard to keep my past intel chips and current amd chips cooled off.
I haven't shown you my new case yet have I ? :)
Like I mentioned room temps play into factor keep it mellowed out and you won't have an issue with air cooling.
I'll send you a pm directly and show it to you I don't feel like having another debate breakout over it.

Just because you prefer air doesn't make air better than water. That's the point we're both making here.

In the case of OP, if he wants to lower his temps he needs a better cooler period.

Okay, The cooling ability of any cooler is dependant on surface area. Both contact faces need to be as big as possible.
The cpu dictates the Hot side interface, where as the fins decide the cold side. So Air cooling like an NH14 and H80 will have roughly the same cold side surface area, so they both perform relatively the same under identical conditions, aka air flow over the surfaces.

Now, they both have upsides, the NH14 has nothing to go wrong and leak, while the AIO has the major mass dethatched from the mobo, and exhausts the heat directly outside of your case.

So both are perfect, the user decides they're needs.. Simplified vs remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom