Questions about Kill Disk.

I'd assume because most likely DVI is cheaper than HDMI because you have to pay royalties if you use HDMI interface.

I would like to see DisplayPort catch on more (it's slowly been gaining traction) - more bandwidth than HDMI and no royalties to pay when manufacturers use it in components.

So is dvi more for gaming than anything else? Like i said, i could not tell at all between the two. Or does it have more to do with a good quailty monitor? Dell has one that is a 23 inch display. That thing has a awesome picture.

It's been a while since i posted, but for a update, i still work at the same place, gained alot of useful knowledge upon desktops.

I work with a array of desktop being new models and all the way back to the dell optiplex 755, some are older than that. Hard to believe these things are still around.

My take so far is this. Dont buy refurbished. Way to much of a shady business. Also, if you take a computer back to the store, MAKE SURE YOU WIPE YOUR HARD DRIVE!!!!!!!! also check your dvd trays/and Sd slot. i found countless dvds/Sd cards etc....

If somebody wants to learn the basics/and some advanced information on I.T, and get paid doing it, then go ahead.

Questions
1. Why is it that if a kill disk is ran first, why is all the information still on the hard drive? I tried it on purpose, and after the wipe is finished, i return back to the UEFI settings, and bam, everything is still there. Music/photos/documents.

Last edited:
Questions
1. Why is it that if a kill disk is ran first, why is all the information still on the hard drive? I tried it on purpose, and after the wipe is finished, i return back to the UEFI settings, and bam, everything is still there. Music/photos/documents.

Are you booting Killdisk in DOS and using F10 to start and then type "ERASE-ALL-DATA" to start the process? I use Killdisk exclusively when ever I wipe a drive and have done so on a multitude of drives

Ex. Dell. Insert the Kill disk (Usb Drive) turn the machine off, turn it back on while pressing F2, set the secure boot to disabled, turn UEFI OFF, Enable Legacy, select Usb Diskette from the Boot Order. Press F10 to save configurations. Kill disk boots up, then when select the settings, dod 3 verfication, 100%. We let it run, it can take 5 mintues to a couple days for it to complete. After it is finshed, we restart, and reversing what we did, (turn the UEFI back on, then select boot from Hard drive etc.. We restored it first, then wipe.

I use KillDisk for DOS v. 4.1 (obsolete platform). It might be obsolete but works on any disk that I encounter.
Your not erasing the entire disk if your not doing this:
6. This is the final step before removing data from the selected drive forever. Type ERASE - ALL - DATA in the text box and press ENTER or click YES. The Progress bar appears below the disk on the left panel.
Here's a detailed guide
http://www.killdisk.com/downloads/KillDisk9.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom