Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GageMW

Daemon Poster
just doing some routine updating cleaning, fixing and protecting of my pc and im not sure what i should update besides my software,windows autoupdate,and nvidia drivers,
i have a proprietary HP mobo called a "Yale" a proprietary 300c HP dvd writer, a western digital 15gb and seagate 160gb hard drive, HP ps2 keayboard and optical mouse, syncmaster 172n samsung monitor, realtek fast ethernet, 2.8ghz intel with HT, realtek ac'97 built in audio, 2 jbl "platinum series" speakers, a compaq ij600 printer,and 1.5gb kingston ram,

i havent updated basically anything of it cept windows update,
i think bios is locked, so i dont think i can i update, and if i could, i dont think i would since i share it with someone and flashing bios can fail pretty badly, so any software or firmware updates to retrieve?

oh and the vid card is a geforce fx5200 but i D/L updates from nVidia periodically, and just recently got one

well, if u updaed the drivers from window update, what else you want to update? the physical look of your system??

and as far as BIOS is concerned. its generally said that, "AVOID UPDATING THE BIOS AS IF IT IS NOT GIVING PROBLEMS"

Understand?

oh sorry about above post, didnt see yours, yup, understood. :)
but was wondering if i needed any CD firmware or something that isn't on windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom