Looking to buy a gaming laptop

Silverwing171

Beta member
So I'm looking around online trying to figure out what kind of laptop to buy. I'm going to use it for college, but I do a lot of gaming as well. Basically, I want a decent laptop that will run some of the higher end games on at least normal graphics settings, while remaining relatively inexpensive. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to hardware, so it's hard to tell which would be the best bet, but I've been looking at a range of different laptops on Amazon. It'd be great to hear what you guys think. And if you have better suggestions, let me know. :D

Here's some I've looked at (in no particular order):
  • HP Pavilion - AMD Elite Quad-Core A8-5550M / 4GB DDR3
  • HP ENVY 15-inch Touchscreen Core i5
  • HP ENVY 15t i7-4710HQ Quad Core Notebook
  • MSI CX61 2PC-499US
  • Toshiba Satellite L55-B5357
  • Toshiba Satellite L55-B5394
  • Toshiba Satellite C55T-B5354
  • Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5162 (1.5GHz AMD A6-3420M Processor, 4GB DIMM, 640GB HDD
  • Toshiba Satellite C55-A5246 15.6-Inch Laptop (2.3 GHz Intel Core i3-2348M Processor, 4GB DDR3
  • Lenovo - IdeaPad 15.6" Laptop - 6GB Memory

Cheap laptop and decent gaming can't be said in the same sentence. If you're not prepared to spend around 800+ then might as well give up.

This exactly.

If anything, look at used systems on Amazon, eBay or even Craigslist. May be able to find some decent deals that way for some higher end gaming laptops...but still, you'll have to pay at least $800 or so.

For gaming, I would look at Asus, MSI for good performance at a decent price.

My daughter bought a refurbished Asus about 2 years ago as a "college laptop" and she games with it every day. Being that it's a desktop replacement with a 17" screen, an i7 CPU, etc... she recently got herself a netbook to lug to college instead. Don't overlook the weight that some of these powerhouses can have.

Back
Top Bottom