I need help with my system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
daveppeters said:
Another thing to check - you said that it works fine without the 80gig hard drive -- have you checked the jumper settings on both drives? The main drive should be set as master and the other should be set as slave. Also, I see that you have the 20gig 5400rpm drive as your main drive, the 80gig 7200rpm drive will give you better performance - you might want to put that as your main drive - it will make a bit of difference. Before you do that, go to Maxtor's website and download the powermax utility (http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/powermax.htm) - this will let you test the drive to make sure it doesn't have any problems. Good luck!

I'd surely love to do this, but I don't have a floppy drive :(. I have one, but its somewhere laying around in the dust. I use CDs only, if something requires a floppy installation I download it off the internet.

However, I will check my jumper settings.
Thanks for the extra help!

I'm going to format tonight, and install things back in 1 by 1.

Thanks again :beard:

I think I fixed the problem, it took a full 24 hours to format but I think it's fixed.

I removed my 56k modem and it seems to not be lagging me, the next step: Installing updates 1 by 1 ;)

Thanks everyone for the help!! I appericate it greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom