Specs required

Chris:):)

Solid State Member
Hi there,
Firstly I'd like to thank you for your help. I'll jump straight to my situation.
I will be getting an Xbox One very shorly
It will be set up on an upstairs tv (as that is where most of my gaming is done)
I want to occasionally play downstairs: my solution is the Xbox One app Windows 10 will offer. It enables streaming of Xbox games to a desktop/laptop/tablet.
I need:
a pc capable of running Windows 10- but not excessively fast, i.e not an i5 or i7
Must have HDMI output and if possible alternative Video output- 1080p @ 60Hz and MAYBE 4K-the tv's 4K but the service isn't, but I plan on watching 4K content to the TV, online or on External Hardrives
Basically, somthing that can run windows 10 but not sluggishly slow or excessively fast.
Please post suggetsions.
Thanks for your help
Chris

p.s I do have some knowledge on hardware
p.s.s thanks again :) look forward to hearing from you all

A bit early to plan for Win10 since we technically don't know the actual requirements for the OS itself, nor for the streaming option it will provide. Win10 is still in test phase and not scheduled for release until sometime this summer (my guess would be late summer, maybe around August sometime).

Edit: ninja'd by PP

A bit early to plan for Win10 since we technically don't know the actual requirements for the OS itself, nor for the streaming option it will provide. Win10 is still in test phase and not scheduled for release until sometime this summer (my guess would be late summer, maybe around August sometime).

Edit: ninja'd by PP
We know the system requirements for the OS already, but we have almost 0 info on the streaming aspect of things. Also my guess is July 13th :)

Okay, thanks for telling me. I forgot to mention
Microsoft have announced the service
Microsoft said the system requirements are the same as 8

They announced the service and system requirements for Windows 10, but they haven't said much of anything about how the service works and what's required. So we can't tell you what kind of PC you need until we know that information or preferably have experience with it.

I imagine it would be similar to what Steam does with their in-home streaming...in which case pretty much any computer will do really.

Back
Top Bottom