Bad Card?

Thorax_the_Impaler

Minecraft Veteran
Hello everyone.

A while ago I threw a R7 260X in my PC. But ever since I got it (and I bought it brand new), the HDMI has never worked; and drivers for the HDMI never install. Not to mention no matter which version of the drivers I try I get at least three BSODs before it half-ass installs to where I can use it (by which I mean the installation completes but the logs show the HDMI drivers failed to install). Now, this hasn't impacted performance in any way I've noticed since I don't use HDMI out, but I've always wondered whether I have a bad card or if Windows 7 and this hardware just don't see eye-to-eye.......and that fact has never shown up in my Google searches. The latter seems less likely to me.

From the little I've found; I guess it's just my luck of the draw. But, I always want to make sure something is actually defective before I consider using it for target practice.\

So, to you, does it sound like I have a bad card or is this some well-known but little-mentioned problem?

Thank you for your time.

I'd RMA just to be safe, as you have already re installed and tried the drivers, better to be safe and a get a replacement.

Well I would RMA it, but I bought it last October. Still gonna pull it out of my PC to be safe, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

Back
Top Bottom