Is this good ram!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corsair XL RAM is not very overclockable, in fact Corsair have about pushed them to their max already, so they can not get much more than they are running at now

OCZ and Geil are both good modules;
IMO Geil Hardcore PC4000 is very good for its money, it's about $160 (aus) for 1 stick of 512MB PC4000, and it can be overclocked to 550MHZ with the timings at 2.5 instead of 3.0

P.P. Mguire said:
yea i wouldnt want to loose my DC!!!!!!

well thats only reallly a problem with 3-DIMM boards. if you have 4-DIMM then i think you are good. and even with some 3-DIMM it can still run DC. i think in mine it can as 1-2 & 1-3 both support DC-Mode. 2-3 is only way to run 2 sticks without DC mode enabled.

it's generally whatever two slots don't match in color whenever the board has different colored DIMMS. Because one color signifies channel A and the other signifies Channel B to obtain Dual Channel. But yeah I suppose I need to look into which slots get dual channel in this board :p

look all i wanted to know was if this ram was good for light gaming, no overclocking!!! lol, everybody is obsessed with comparing ram, thank u for ur replies!!!!!

look all i wanted to know was if this ram was good for light gaming, no overclocking!!! lol, everybody is obsessed with comparing ram, thank u for ur replies!!!!!
And we gave you your answer. The first post told you it was pretty crappy RAM, but yes we did go little off there. Sorry about that =P

Either way you need to get either some Corsair ValueRAM or some OCZ in my opinion.

corsair and ocz pwns kingston.
First thing I can agree with you on thus far :D I have a kingston stick in my computer and it works well and can even OC a little and it's simply valueRAM but it did get fried easily when I upped my NB voltage .1 As soon as I rebooted and ran memtest it hit over 100,000 errors and was still climbing so yeah that was gone. Got it RMA'd though and haven't played with this one :)

i wasn't having a go at anyone, thank u for ur opinins i think i will either buy the stuff ive shown u or similarly price corsair value ram. sound good????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom