THREE LG UC-97 34" curved LCD monitors in Eyefinity display (10320x1440 resolution!)

I do not like Surround (Eyefinity) gaming because the bezels put me off. I don't like dealing with weird resolutions from ultrawide either so I don't see the point in buying 2 more ROG Swift which won't get used. They'd just sit there and look pretty. So like I said, I prefer more power in the tower, hence dual Titan X.

Yes, there is a huge and I mean significant difference when gaming in Surround/Eyefinity. Especially at your resolution. Those monitors are going to eat that 295x2 for breakfast.

Surround gaming is novel, yeah. Not sure I prefer it either. In theory it's better, but like you said, bezels detract from it significantly. Though in race sims it can give you a legitimate advantage.

Do you only have one monitor then ? even though I don't use surround for gaming, I could not cope just using my desktop with one screen. At home I have my 2560h res screen and my 1920h res screen, so plenty of horizontal real estate. At work the screens are crappy 1440h res screens so I need three of them to feel at all productive. I still find it limiting when i'm remoting on to like 4 servers at once while also trying to monitor helpdesk and email. I think some of the time I could legitimately benefit from 6 screens. I might have a hard time getting that signed off though :p

Surround gaming is novel, yeah. Not sure I prefer it either. In theory it's better, but like you said, bezels detract from it significantly. Though in race sims it can give you a legitimate advantage.

Do you only have one monitor then ? even though I don't use surround for gaming, I could not cope just using my desktop with one screen. At home I have my 2560h res screen and my 1920h res screen, so plenty of horizontal real estate. At work the screens are crappy 1440h res screens so I need three of them to feel at all productive. I still find it limiting when i'm remoting on to like 4 servers at once while also trying to monitor helpdesk and email. I think some of the time I could legitimately benefit from 6 screens. I might have a hard time getting that signed off though :p
My NEC is my secondary which I turn off when I game.

Fair enough. You seem pretty good with a camera, any chance of some pics of the monitors displaying black so I can check out the glow ?

The camera makes it look much worse than it really is. And of course you only see it when the screen is pitch black. Even with very dark gray colors it can't be seen. Im not a huge gamer or a professional designer so it doesnt bother me, but I could see how ardent gaming/professional editing enthusiast would not like it. Otherwise, the colors and everything else is very rich, vibrant, and clear.

Back
Top Bottom