THREE LG UC-97 34" curved LCD monitors in Eyefinity display (10320x1440 resolution!)

BrockB

Solid State Member
three 34" LG UC97 curved LCD monitors in an AMD Eyefinity display. 10320x1440 total resolution.

Game example: ace combat at 3:18 in the video.
GPU: XFX radeon 295x2
CPU: AMD FX-9370 Vishera 8-Core 4.7GHz
MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 80 PLUS Gold
RAM: G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI-hARK4_Mo

Dude that is a sick setup... I gotta ask how the hell do you afford all of that gear? Those monitors are 1200$ each!! What do you do for a living and where do i signup?

Crazy setup! I saw it and the music from grandmas boy popped into my head haha.

What program are you running there? Tracktor?

I wish I could enjoy Surround gaming to warrant the necessity of triple ROG Swift :(
The setups look really cool but I can't bring myself to do it. I'd rather have more power in the tower.

The setups look really cool but I can't bring myself to do it. I'd rather have more power in the tower.
What do you mean by that exactly? Is the performance drop that significant you think? I havent done any comparisons yet...

What program are you running there? Tracktor?

Fruity Loops

Dude that is a sick setup... I gotta ask how the hell do you afford all of that gear? Those monitors are 1200$ each!! What do you do for a living and where do i signup?

Poker! lol

Nice. I've been looking at these, but the IPS glow puts me off. I have one of the older 29" 2560x1080 ultrawide screens, and I love it. But due to it's size I can see the IPS glow in the bottom left/right corner in dark scenes. It's going to be even worse on the 34". How do you find it ?

well, I just prefer to deal with it frankly. To me, its not a big deal, as everything else thats not pitch black in the corners are crisp, clear, and vivid. It gets to the point that I don't even notice it except at startup when the screen is pitch black, but thats about it.

I started out with the LG UM95 (the non-curved 34" version) and when I bought the UC97 I compared them. It turns out that the light bleed is the same amount in the UC97 as in the UM95, so I just accepted it with no regrets. Its not an issue thats big enough to turn me away from this kind of viewing angle

well, I just prefer to deal with it frankly. To me, its not a big deal, as everything else thats not pitch black in the corners are crisp, clear, and vivid. It gets to the point that I don't even notice it except at startup when the screen is pitch black, but thats about it.

I started out with the LG UM95 (the non-curved 34" version) and when I bought the UC97 I compared them. It turns out that the light bleed is the same amount in the UC97 as in the UM95, so I just accepted it with no regrets. Its not an issue thats big enough to turn me away from this kind of viewing angle

Fair enough. You seem pretty good with a camera, any chance of some pics of the monitors displaying black so I can check out the glow ?

What do you mean by that exactly? Is the performance drop that significant you think? I havent done any comparisons yet...

Fruity Loops

Poker! lol
I do not like Surround (Eyefinity) gaming because the bezels put me off. I don't like dealing with weird resolutions from ultrawide either so I don't see the point in buying 2 more ROG Swift which won't get used. They'd just sit there and look pretty. So like I said, I prefer more power in the tower, hence dual Titan X.

Yes, there is a huge and I mean significant difference when gaming in Surround/Eyefinity. Especially at your resolution. Those monitors are going to eat that 295x2 for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom